Dutch Chamber of Commerce: 65760557
Vlamingstraat 9, 2712 BZ Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
Last updated: 30thof May 2018
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, arrange shipping and provide invoices, I collect the following information: your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product(s) that you’re ordering. This information is provided by you at check out for the express purpose of ordering. Additionally, I collect personal information only regarding custom orders and if you contact me directly.
When you visit my website, it automatically collects certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the website, it collects information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the website, and information about how you interact with the website. This automatically-collected information is referred to as “Device Information.”
I collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
I use the Device Information collected to help screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize the website (for example, by generating analytics about how my customers browse and interact with the website, and to assess the success of my marketing and advertising campaigns).
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, which include: fulfilling your order, to inform you about your order, to answer questions or to provide customer support and service;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list http://eepurl.com/coB4SL
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services and anonymous market research.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
I process and collect the aforementioned data in a safe and secure digital environment. Information about my customers is important to my business so I handle it with the utmost care. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers – I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, in particular the Dutch postal services PostNL and DHL. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Woocommerce – I use Woocommerce to power my online store – you can read more about how Woocommerce uses your Personal Information here: https://woocommerce.com/privacy-policy/
- Google Analytics – I also use Google Analytics to help understand how my customers use my site – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here:https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Compliance with laws – I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
- Payment processing – Financial transactions relating to Stitchonomy are handled by the payment services providers: PayPal and Mollie. I will share transaction data with the payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. You can find information about the payment services providers’ privacy policies and practices at https://www.mollie.com/nl/privacy and https://www.paypal.com/nl/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
Your information is stored on Google Cloud. This constitutes a transfer of information about you outside of the EU. For this, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified. I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
After every fiscal year your order information is anonymized so it can be used for marketing research purposes. This means that all personal data except for: state, country and products purchased will be deleted.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (for instance where I am required to store data for legal reasons). I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Alyssa Westhoek, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions, concerns, would like to receive a summary of your data that has been processes or request for this data to be deleted, you may contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Alyssa Westhoek, Vlamingstraat 9, 2712 BZ Zoetermeer, The Netherlands